As a Camp Nurse at Special Kids Camp Ability, you will have the opportunity to work alongside individuals who are passionate about serving others. You will provide care for the medical needs of campers and assists with the activities of the daily living for children enrolled in Camp Ability.
- Summer Seasonal Position
- Monday-Friday from 8:15 am - 4:45 pm
- Servant's heart
- Passion to serve the children and families
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments as scheduled and appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records for each camper including times of administration of medications.
- Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients by assisting with the daily care of campers.
- Respond to and leads team during medical emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Observe patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or the patient's Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Complete initial assessments for new patients enrolled in the Camp Ability program.
- Participate in department quality improvement activities.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Nursing program or Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- State LPN or RN license is required; CPR certification required.