As an Equip Teacher at Special Kids, you will instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth while working alongside individuals who are passionate about serving others. You will manage lesson plans and organize early childhood activities for Equip participants.
What you Need
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short & Long-term Disability
Work hard, Play hard
Paid Time Off
For your Future
Continuing Education Account
Opportunities for Leadership/ Professional Growth
- Servant's heart
- Passion to serve the children and families
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Plan individual and group activities to stimulate growth in academic and social skills such as learning colors, letters, proper handwriting, and learning to listen to instructions.
- Instruct children in practices of personal cleanliness and self-care as is age appropriate and assists with diaper changes for younger children.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding child's progress and daily reports.
- Communicate with rec therapists to work towards carrying over goals of nursing children within equip classrooms.
- Work with rec therapists on therapeutic outings and other special events.
- Work with nurses and rec therapists on daily needs of children as needed and as is appropriate.
- Work with food specialist to serve daily meals and snacks.
Teaching certification OR years experience working with preschool age children ages 3-5 in a classroom setting.
- CPR certification required (can be provided).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Special Kids proudly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, Special Kids complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.