As the Tiny Diner Food Specialist at Special Kids, you will plan and communicate the monthly menus for daily breakfast, lunch, and two snacks, prepare meals, and shop, along with other duties. The Food Specialist should love to be around children, enjoys cooking, and is also a planner, all while engaging the kids during mealtimes. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside individuals who are passionate about serving others.
Work hard, Play hard
Paid Time Off
For your Future
Continuing Education Account
Opportunities for Leadership/ Professional Growth
- Part-time (20hr/week)
- Servant's heart
- Passion to serve the children and families
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Plans and communicates monthly menu for daily breakfast, lunch and two snacks to staff and parents.
- Prepares at least two fresh cooked lunch entrees each week and two fresh baked snacks each week, of which leftovers may be refrigerated or frozen for future meals.
- Adapts meals to meet the nutritional and dietary needs of each child, such as providing pureed foods, counting carbs for children on special diets and considering allergies of individual children.
- Plans menu and shopping within established monthly budget, and submits related supply orders, purchase orders and receipts.
- Keeps inventory of supplies and food, and shops for food and kitchen supplies.
- Maintains supply of frozen emergency meals.
- Cleans and organizes the kitchen.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of volunteers who help prepare, cook, serve food, clean kitchen/classroom where children eat, wash dishware and do laundry.
High school diploma or GED; experience in Early Childhood Development a plus.
- CPR certification required (can be provided).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Special Kids proudly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, Special Kids complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.