It is very important that children attend Special Kids on a regular basis. Your child will make more progress if they attend as prescribed by their physician and complete their home programs as recommended by their therapists. In order to maximize your child’s attendance and to more effectively utilize time and resources, Special Kids requires the following:
- The Central Scheduler will call to schedule the initial evaluation. If you are unable to keep this scheduled appointment, please call to reschedule.
- If you must cancel a therapy appointment, the Central Scheduler should be notified of the absence at least 24 hours in advance. If you will be more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, please call to notify your therapist.
- Special Kids requires 75% attendance, or 3 out of 4 scheduled visits attended. If attendance falls below 75%, a letter will be sent to advise you of this matter. If absences become a chronic problem, your child may lose his therapy slot. We understand that sometimes unexpected circumstances may occur. Hospitalizations and funerals will not be counted against your child.
- We understand that it is often difficult getting through to us on our busy phone system. Please leave a message. We check our messages frequently throughout the day and first thing in the morning.
We are happy to have your child at Special Kids. We look forward to working with you to help your child become the best he/she can be. By attending therapy on a regular basis you are helping your child succeed.
No Show Policy:
In addition to our attendance policy, Special Kids has a strict No Show Policy. A No Show is a missed therapy visit with no call to cancel prior to the appointment time. Our clinicians prepare for each session by setting up motivating activities in order to meet your child’s specific goals. When a session is missed without a call to cancel (NO SHOW), it is a lost opportunity for Special Kids to schedule a monthly consult or accommodate another family’s scheduling needs.
- First NO SHOW- a letter will be sent with a reminder of Special Kids No Show Policy and requesting the family contact the central scheduler if their therapy time is not convenient.
- If there is a second NO SHOW within one year of the first NO SHOW, you will receive a letter stating that your child has been taken off the schedule of his/her specific therapy and placed at the bottom of the therapy’s wait list. They can resume therapy when a new slot becomes available and contact has been made with Family Services.
- If there is a third NO SHOW within one year of the first NO SHOW, the family will receive a letter stating their child has been discharged from his/her specific therapy.
All information regarding parents and children is confidential. Staff discuss your child and family with other staff members or with those for whom you sign a release only when professionally necessary. You are asked to maintain this same confidentiality about other Special Kids children, families and staff.