speech LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will be a part of our hands-on ministry team. You will have your own caseload to treat, encourage, and lift up through your words and actions.
What you need
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short &
Work hard, Play hard
Paid Time Off
For your Future
Continuing Education Account
Opportunities for Leadership/ Professional Growth
Full-time (40 hours)
- servant's heart
- passion to serve the children and families
- willingness to go the extra mile
- team minded and focused
- joyful in spirit
- respectful of authority
- solves problems creatively
- good personal skills
- Diagnose and evaluates speech and language skills and provides treatment to children with a variety of communication disorders, diagnoses, and developmental delays.
- Compile session data and maintains accurate and timely patient reports in electronic medical record system.
- Review individual file to obtain background information prior to evaluation to determine appropriate tests and to ensure that
adequate information is available.
- Administer, score, and interpret evaluation reports in order to develop and modify an individualized treatment plan.
- Review treatment plan, and assesses individual performance to modify, change, or write new goals.
- Act as consultant to educational, medical, and other professional groups as well as fellow staff members.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to incorporate speech and language goals into daily activities.
- Program and provides instruction on the use of AAC devices.
- Research diagnostic and remedial techniques.
- Master's degree in Communication Disorders or other Speech-Language Pathology program, preferred; CF's are welcome
- Current, unencumbered license and registration to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist in TN, Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA, and CPR certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
Special Kids proudly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, Special Kids complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.